Custom Search

Monday, January 18, 2010

What To Do in Brussels?

On our way to Bremen, Germany, My very good friend Louie and I made a quick stop in Brussels, Belgium. We stayed at a funky four star hotel which my dear friend purchased online at a highly discounted price. I forgot the name though. When we arrived at the hotel, we were stunned to know that their walk-in rate is close to 500 euros!!!

We arrived late in the City and wasted no time looking for a place to eat. Louie trying to figure out which path to take. We were discussing whether to take the left or right road???

And we found this strip of restaurants. The biggest dilemma: Which Restaurant to dine??? Grr...

Then we found this restaurant. I forgot the name but we had their set menu for only 9.99euros! Imagine! How can we go wrong with that price? We had soup, appetizer and main course. This was a fantastic deal.

Louie, looking very happy to have his wine ahead of dinner (alcoholic? hehehehe)
Minestrone and Louie's cold shrimp cocktail with lemon butter sauce

Louie had mussels as his main course

while I had steak in white sauce: YUM!

Then it was time for dessert. I was craving for THE Authentic Belgian Waffle! On our way to buy my waffles, we saw this: Dilemma strikes again! How can we resist? Tell Me!

Then, it's waffle time! And I got what I wanted, HA! *woot* *woot*

I had Nutella while Louie had Caramel: The outer layer is crunchy and the inside is super soft and chewy. TO DIE FOR! I've been dying to have the perfect recipe to make a Belgian Waffle. Where can I get one???? I've tried some recipes online but it's not even close or maybe I'm not born to be a pastry chef at all. *sob*

Both of us suffer from "Pig's Disease". Hahaha! When we're stuffed with food we get sleepy. No more night life for us in Brussels. We went straight to our hotel and called it a night.

The following morning, we had breakfast buffet at the hotel. Yes, it came with the price we paid for.


We wasted no time and headed straight outside. We went around town and saw these lovely flowers:

And look how inviting these fresh strawberries are:

Our mouths were salivating seeing this lady dip fresh strawberries in chocolate:

The famous bronze sculpture of a little boy urinating: Manneken Pis or Petit Julien in french. This represents cohabilitation of Dutch & French in Brussels, Belgium:

A flock of tourists waiting for instructions from their tour guide:

Souvenir Shops everywhere:
This is a Mall. Look at the ceiling! Lovezit!

Our last stop was this market place:
And we are off to Bremen, Germany. I'm getting ready for four hours and thirty minutes of driving time. Goodbye, Brussels.

1 comment:

  1. hi sir!!! saw your great pictures here... no wonder you invited me to see your blog. i love checking out the places you've been in Europe! especially that i am a big fan of SPAIN!:P more photos please and i hope i can post these types of escapades outside the country as well, and be able to get there soon like you! LOL:) take care and stay happy!

    ReplyDelete