Custom Search

Thursday, January 21, 2010

And Yet Another Tofu Recipe!

To those health conscious, tofu lovers: Here's another tofu recipe from New York City! This was sent by Javin and I'm copying and pasting everything.


"I called my yaya ( who has been with the family for almost 45 years) yesterday, who is in Bacolod, and ask how she is and how she is taking care of the Lizares Avenue estate after I left for the States for my much needed sojourn. Everything was ok and as usual she begged me to go home asap. Anyhow, I kinda remember my favorite dish from her as soon as we said our goodbyes. BREADED BEEF! So I decided to try it out with tofu and the results surprised me! NUHMUHT! Just like Yaya Linda was here in Harlem!

Ingredients
Tofu (wrap in paper towels to drain for 20 minutes)
Flour
Salt and Pepper
1 egg beaten
Bread Crumbs

Directions:
After draining the tofu for 20 minutes, slice them like you would when you slice your morning Ma-ling.


After which, heat up your oil for them frying. Assemble your bowls in a straight line. Put the following in each bowl in order. 1. flour,Salt & Pepper 2. egg 3. bread crumbs. Dip the tofu in bowl 1 then 2 then 3.


Afterwhich, you just dunk them in the fryer and fry em for 4 minutes each side.


P.S.
Today is such a beautiful day in NY! I must explore the east side of Manhattan after this soy full lunch! Bon Appetite darlinks!!"



Thank You, Jav! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'll try this.. I'm a tofu lover.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's nice is you can be creative with your sauce. You can dip it in any sauce you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sandy barroba22/1/10 9:56 PM

    yeah i'll try it too....atleast tofu is healthy rather than eating pork or beef...helps in losing weight...just what i need....hehe ☺ ☺ ☺

    ReplyDelete