Custom Search

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hoshii: My Favorite Japanese Restaurant

My good friend from Singapore flew in for a quick vacation and invited me for dinner. He asked for suggestions as to where we can have a relaxed dinner. He wanted to go to L'Fisher Chalet. However, with all the bad reviews on their food, I wont sacrifice my dinner. So, without hesitation, I suggested HOSHII JAPANESE RESTAURANT.

HOSHII is one of my favorite Japanese Restaurants in Bacolod City. That's in terms of taste, service and price. If I'm not mistaken the owner used to work in Japan and now resides in the City of Smiles with her Japanese husband. The inside is very casual, no pretentions, in-your-face type of setting. You can even wear slippers and still feel over-dressed. hahaha! I'm kidding! :P



I would like to apologize for the poor photo quality. These were taken using my iPhone which doesn't have flash.

Kani Salad: Mixed vegetable with synthetic crab meat. This is always refreshing and the sauce states heavenly! Delish.


My trip to Hoshii will never be complete without ordering their vegetable tempura.


The classic ebi tempura which disappeared in a blink of an eye! The only sad thing about this tempura is the size of the prawn errr the shrimp. It's very tiny. Nonetheless, we always get what we pay for, right?


Kani Tempura or the Crab Stick Tempura


California Maki Special: This was a let down. The kani at the center is very thin now and they included cucumber apart from the mango. I was expecting a large kani at the center. Total frustration.


Beef with mixed vegetable: This was a hit. But the photo does not justify the dish. :(


And my friends looking happy and contented (figuratively and literally speaking). :)



I suggest you drop by Hoshii and try them out yourself. Hoshii is located along Lacson Street (going to Robinson's Place), Bacolod City.

4 comments:

  1. i guarantee. nice place nice food

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diin ni Joe? Is this a new restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pyang, not really new. It ha been in existence for more than five years if i'm not mistaken. It's right along the "strip" before you reach the westown hotel (going to robinsons place - bcd)

    ReplyDelete