Custom Search

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Last Night in Paris

Louie treated me (as always) for dinner at this posh vietnamese restaurant in Paris the night before I am scheduled to depart. I forgot the name of the restaurant! Senior Moments for the Nth time.

Louie still working via his mobile phone


I am not fond of raw meat. I always have my meat cooked well-done. But this one was an exception. Stellar! YUMMERS!


Louie's Sate' Platter, was it? And I think I need memory enhancers. I forgot what he had.


After dinner, we headed straight back to his apartment. We relaxed a bit and strolled outside to get one last glimpsed of her majesty beauty - The Eiffel Tower. The Eiffel Tower is a mere 10-minute or less walk from his apartment.


The following morning was our flight out of Paris. I was going back home to the Philippines while he was going to Bremen, Germany. And since our flight was in the evening still, we opted to visit the Sacred Heart (Sacre Coeur) Church before heading to the airport.

The Sacred Heart Church or The Sacre Coeur Basilica is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ. This very popular landmark is situated on top of MontMartre Hill which is the highest point in the City of Lights!

It took us forever to find a parking space around the area of the sacred heart church. It was a crowded afternoon. Finally, the face of relief! :)


Along the way, you will find struggling musicians playing along.


And a female artist - what do you call this type of artist again?


Souvenir shops, paintings and restaurants are scattered all over the area.


It's no joke to walk up to the church. I stopped a gazillion times to catch my breath. I am not as athletic/physically fit as Louie is, thank you very much!


View of Paris from the Hilltop. Breath-taking view of the Paris skyline. Isn't it gorgeous?


Going down these stairs from the Church, will bring you to Pigalle - Paris' Red Light District.


Pigalle is a tourist destination with many sex shops and prostitutes working on the side streets. This area was named after the sculptor Jean-Baptiste Pigalle.

The most famous cabaret built in 1889 where the can-can dance originated - Moulin Rouge.


It's time to say adieu. Here I am at the Charles De Gaulle Airport waiting for my flight back home. *sob*

No comments:

Post a Comment