Custom Search

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Remembering Bangkok

Super Mowdil (Jaf), Donits (Donny) and I went to Bangkok last October 2009. This is my fourth visit. Yet, Bangkok as always is refreshing to visit. *wink*



Before departing, you have to fill out a departure card. Of all times why did I forget to bring a pen! I borrowed a pen from a guard but is asking money in return. I ended up giving the guard P20 for using his pen. Imagine how sucker for money people here are. This is sad.

We took PAL. The flight was smooth. I had an arguement with a stewardess. Before landing in Bangkok (we were not descending yet, we were still cruising at an altitude of god knows how high), we had to fill out an Arrival Card and all the details of my passort are saved in my iPhone. I took my iPhone from my pocket and this "old schooled" stewardess gave this poker face look and said "Ay sir! Hindi Pwede yan. You know the rules right?" I was trying to explain myself that prior to coming inside the aircraft my iPhone was on "Airplane" mode - meaning, the cellphone options are disabled. I cannot text or call. But she wouldn't listen to me. She kept on cutting me off and spoke over me everytime I explained it to her. So annoying! I think they needed to be educated on the latest gadgets and it's functionalities STAT. Grrr... what a way to start my vaca!

I look so "bangag" due to lack of sleep. The eyes! Yuck! Look at those dark rings around my eyes! How gross!!


Super Mowdil: Too much exhaustioin the previous night, slept almost the entire flight:


The flight was a little over three hours. Upon arrival at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport, the three pimps got excited and pumped.

We wasted no time: Had some photo op done before passing immigration:



Donits: All smiles and excited to explore the beauty of Bangkok:


Donits took this photo: What's up there? hmm...... Remember, Mowdil?


Immigration: Super Mowdil waiting for his turn:


We are staying at one of my dearest friend's apartment. So, after passing immigration we headed straight to the car rental desk. They had a promo! Drop off is 100% charge while pick up is at 50% off.

Waiting for our Limo (NOT!): We rented a Toyata Camry.


The ride from the airport to Dearest friend's apartment took almost 45minutes. Upon arrival at his apartment we were all in awe with the stuff he has acquired through travel all over the world. From the Chinese Wedding Cabinets to the Java Clay Pots... it was simply amazing. It was five star at its finest!

Main Door of the Apartment:


Upon entering you will be greeted by a short black bench on the left with a jar and some foreign magazines:


On your right, a wide mirror adorns the bare white wall. A black wooden cabinet is topped with an amber vase and vanilla-scented candles:


This is the living area:


This is his personal desk: artistically positioned right behind the living area


Chinese Wedding Cabinets:


Living area: Love the lamps!


Here we have the Imported Helpers posing beside the lamp:


On the second floor you will find three bedrooms - The master's bedroom and two guestrooms.

There's also a living area on this floor:



The gang posing in the master's bedroom:


One of the guestroom's have a queen sized bed. This is my room:


Super Mowdil and Donits were room mates. They were assigned to the guestroom with two double beds. I forgot to take photos of their room. I was totally relieved that I was not Donits roommate because i can't stand his snorring. He snors like a lion's roar.

Back to the living area, we were served with Thai's own version of chicharon with green chili paste:


Neem: Thai Pork Sausage eaten with lime, chili, ginger and cashew nuts


These "pika-pika" (appetizers) were served with a bottle of Asahi beer. Donits and I were ready to call it a night but Super Mowdil was so eager to got out and party. Super Mowdil wont stop "bribing" Donits to join him. Donits was too tired and ignored him. And of course super mowdil had no choice but to sleep. Thank God I slept alone in my room. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment