Custom Search

Monday, January 11, 2010

Dinner @ Grandfather's House


We had dinner at Grandfather's House at 6:00pm. I starved myself the whole day so I can eat a lot of lechon come dinner time. Hehehe!

THE Lechon doesn't look picture perfect but it tasted good! The meat was so tender and the skin was crispy - which I guess are the two criterias for a perfect lechon, right?


Grandfather bear ordered food from Apollo Restaurant - His ever favorite Chinese Restaurant in Bacolod City.

We had thier Pancit Canton (is it?) which unfortunately looked like worms because of poor photo quality. I apologize:


Morisqueta:


Beef with Broccoli: Favorite of everyone. At a blink of an eye it was almost gone...


And my personal favorite: Crab Fu Yung: Crab meat sauted with vegetables and mixed with beaten egg and fried:


Apart from the food he ordered, his personal cook, Criselda, made Chicken Pesa, Turbo-ed a whole chicken and cooked shrimps.

Chicken Pesa is a chicken based soup with potatoes, asparagus and cabbage: Another poor photo op taken by me. I'm Sorry... I assure you though that this soup is delish even though it doesn't look visually appealling.


Turbo-ed Whole Chicken and sauted shrimps:


Grandfather marinates the chicken with Knorr Sinigang Mix. He rubs the sinigang mix all over the chicken and let's it stand for at least an hour and stuffs the cavity with lemon grass. Lastly, knorr original liquid seasoning to achieve that golden brown skin onced turbo-ed. Try this at home! You wont regret it.

This is how my plate looked like. I shared this with Audie:


And of course, on a separate plate, ribs of lechon with matching skin!

Senior Citizens Table: (L-R) Lola Pacit Soliven, Behind her (not seen) is Lola Nena (Older sister of Grandfather), their nannies, grandfather bear and Tita Regina Zulueta (the only non-senior citizen on this table)


Lola Nena and her nanny Linda (Did I get her name right?)


Grandfather bear with his own nanny Eli

Yayang Susing: Still on the go at 80 years old! She's the nanny of my cousins (children of my father's eldest brother)

One of the desserts tasted wierd. The syrup of the fruit mixture was tangy. Little did I know grandfather bear put brandy on it. Grrrrr.....

My aunt, Tita Louie, is going back to NYC tomorrow. Have a safe trip and see you again next year!

3 comments:

  1. sinigang mix on the chicken sounds like a great idea! tilawan ko gid ni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay Sef! Go gid. I swear ka namit sang savor. Grabe maganahan ka gid mag lafox. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thunderbolts! Mapuli diri si Tita Louie - we are so due for a 10-martini dinner.

    ReplyDelete