Custom Search

Monday, January 25, 2010

Bremen, Germany

Driving time from Paris, France to Bremen, Germany is around 7 to 8 hours. On our way to Bremen, Louie and I stayed overnight in Brussels and Amsterdam.

Upon arrival in Bremen, we headed straight to his apartment that he shares with his "friend" of 20 years, Peter. He served as my personal tour guide while in Bremen. Thank you for a truly wonderful time!


This funky/modern chandelier caught my eye when I entered the living area of his home. Eyeluvet!!! Looks IKEA-ish to me, but it's not. I forgot where he got this from.


We arrived late in Bremen and everyone was hungry. We wasted no time and headed straight to a local restaurant. This is what I had. Their own version of crispy pata [deep fried pork knuckle] with sauerkraut. T.D.F. (to die for). I finished the entire plate except for the side dish.


Louie had this variety of sausages...


while Peter had roasted pork loin.


The following days were spent sight-seeing and eating and sleeping and more sight-seeing and eating and sleeping.... The life cycle when you're on vacation which I adore!

Bremen's City Hall on the left and St. Peter's Cathedral on the right


This is at the Bremen's Town Musicians. Here I am holding on to the Donkey's limb for goodluck.


I am amused by this sculpture.


While strolling, I saw this sperm-shaped lamps at a window display.


Schnoor Street in Bremen use to be the economic center in early history. Along this street you will find very small houses that can accommodate only one person. This prevented expansion and renovation in the area.


Now, Schnoor is a famous tourist attraction. Here you will find restaurants, cafes, shops, etc... Saw these figurines outside a novelty shop. Cute!


This is the oldest house in the area, I believe so.


Spitzen Gebel: A famous pub in Bremen


Imagine how small the house is in this photo? The one attached to the wall of a building on the left? I am claustrophobic and I don't think I'd last a week living in such a small space. Otherwise, you'll see me on the streets sleeping. :)


Lilliput in Schnoor


Drive-thru car wash before heading back to Paris. Another 8 hours of driving time awaits us. Hahahaha! Then I remembered the movie "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion".

4 comments:

  1. This is all a great sumptuous and delicious foos and all the great destinations to visit for the food lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you. I'm humbled with your comment. Please keep on coming back and don't hesitate to drop a note or two. Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I likey... <3 charm, amuse and educate more more more! loveyt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lip Tips gid ya mang? hahaha sadyahan ko ah. thanks thanks a million pesosesoses!

    ReplyDelete