Custom Search

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Salmon Based Pasta Sauce - YUM!

I don't know what's with pasta why I'm so into it these past few months. I'd like to "believe" that pasta has less carbs than white rice (yes, Joe kid yourself much!). Nonetheless, I was soooo uber excited when I saw canned pink salmon at Gaisano City's Supermarket (of all places!). I think it costs P120 per can. Then, my imagination went wild on what sauce to make for my lunch. I was looking for Spinach to add to my pasta sauce to no avail. :(



Here are the ingredients:
1 can pink salmon
1 small can mushrooms
1 small can nestle cream
1/2 cup non fat milk
1 white onion - sliced
2 oz green olives
2 cloves garlic - chopped
2 tbsp oil
Juice of 1/4 lemon
1/4 cup cheese
12 basil leaves sliced thinly
pinch of brown sugar
salt and pepper

Pasta - Spinach fettucini

Procedure:
1. In a pan, saute garlic & onions in oil
2. Once garlic becomes golden brown or onions becomes translucent, add salmon (mash) then add the mushroom and olives. Saute for 2 mins.
3. Add milk, nestle cream and cheese. Bring to a boil until sauce thickens.
4. Add brown sugar, salt and peper.
5. Remove from heat then add basil leaves.

Here's the finished product:



And again, I forgot to take a photo of the plated dish because I was too hungry to remember. :( I highly recommend you try this out. Calling ALL SALMON Lovers out there! This is simply Fantabulous!!!

2 comments:

  1. kanamit gid.. nam nam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salmon is best with a creamy, cheesy sauce...and unexpectedly..... SPINACH!So excited to have a taste of this concoction I brought my own pasta....and popped my tupperware into the microwave, the sauce was still bubbling when i dug in. Thank you, Joe for the flavorful lunch. I would rather have my spinach finely chopped into the sauce, though... I loved the flavor and the healthy, satisfying feeling....I would write rave reviews, Joe, let me sample your pasta sauces!

    ReplyDelete