Custom Search

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Finally: Spinach and Salmon Pasta Sauce!!!

Yesterday mother came home with a huge plastic bag of Spinach! WooooHoooo! She bought the Spinach from the Carmelite Nuns. They are selling it at P20.00 per bunch. Uber cheap, don't you think? Then, came my excitement. I want to make a creamy (yet with little fat) spinach sauce with salmon.



Here are the Ingedrients:

1 213g Pink Salmon (small can)
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1/2 of large white onion - chopped
juice of 1/4 lemon
2 to 3 cups spinach leaves
1 1/2 cup nonfat milk
1/2 can of nestle cream (small can)
1/2 cup grated cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil

Procedure:
1. Blanch Spinach leaves for three minutes (in boiling water of course...DUH). Drain and squeeze out excess water. set aside.
2. In a sauce pan, saute garlic & onion in butter & oil
3. Add Salmon (include the juice). Mash salmon meat and let it stand for 3 minutes.
4. Add Milk, nestle cream. Bring to a boil.
5. Add Spinach. Whisk slowly incorporating all the ingredients.
6. Add cheese. Bring sauce to a boil until it thickens.
7. Salt & pepper to taste.

Check out the sauce: YUM-OH!



And here's the plated dish:



Don't you know that Spinach is good for you? Here are some Spinach facts:
1. It is low in calories.
2. It is Extremely high in vitamins.
3. It is versatile. Can be eaten cooked or raw.

Here's to a healthier YOU!!! Try it out. Now Na! :)

3 comments:

  1. my gosh Joe!!! you always make me hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salmon is best with a creamy, cheesy sauce...and unexpectedly..... SPINACH!So excited to have a taste of this concoction I brought my own pasta....and popped my tupperware into the microwave, the sauce was still bubbling when i dug in. Thank you, Joe for the flavorful lunch. I would rather have my spinach finely chopped into the sauce, though... I loved the flavor and the healthy, satisfying feeling....I would write rave reviews, Joe, let me sample your pasta sauces

    ReplyDelete
  3. She: It served its purpose! hahahah

    Liz: thank you for the honest review. Truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete