Custom Search

Monday, February 1, 2010

Driftwood Spa

I am down with flu and was contemplating whether to have a massage. I was apprehensive at the beginning because it might cause a relapse. I wasted no time. Called the owner of Driftwood Spa (Rene) and inquired. He enthusiastically said that it is totally fine and as a matter of fact, it will relieve my difficulty in breathing. He offered the body massage and herbal heat combination. So, without hesitation, I made reservations at 3:30pm.



Driftwood Spa is on the second floor of RACL Building along Rosario Street, Bacolod City, Philippines.


The entrance to the Spa is on the right side of the building. There's a staircase leading you to the second floor. You wont miss it because you will be greeted by these bamboo backdrop and an intricately designed water fountain stationed at the corner. From where I was standing I can see the front desk of the Spa.


This is the front desk of the Spa. Right infront are tables and chair which I forgot to snap a photo of. If you wish to stay outside and smoke while waiting for you your session, you can!


There is a waiting area inside the Spa as well. If you don't want open air and wish to relax inside with airconditioning, this is the perfect spot. Right infront of this bamboo inspired waiting area are lockers for your personal belongings. However, there are lockers as well on each and every cubicle.


The spa has two make-shift lazyboy chairs for foot massages. The lighting inside the spa is dim. You can easily dose off seating on these chairs, I tell you. Apart from this, (If I am not mistaken and I hope I counted it correctly) the spa has a total of 12 cubicles for body massages.


Before the start of your massage, you're feet are soaked in warm water with soap. Submerged right below is a manual foot massager. Your masseur then scrubs each foot and towel-dry them. I think this is one of the things that separates this Spa from the rest. I Heart this portion. I apologize for the bad lighting, my iPhone does not have a flash (which I assume everybody knows by now, thank you very much!).


The body massage was perfect. After which, the herbal heat treatment followed. A combination of herbs (lemon grass, lagundi, etc.) are either soaked or boiled in water then wrapped with a loin cloth. Then, the loin cloth is pressed on your back to relieve muscle tension and clear your air-passage. Surprisingly, it made wonders on me! I felt totally rejuvinated. I don't know if it was psychological. Ha! The only let down at the spa is if your cubicle is near the main road because you can sometimes hear jeepneys honking and motorcycles passing by. However, the loud yet relaxing acustic piped-in music solved the problem. Oh and one more thing, I think the masseur who handle me forgot to wipe my body with excess oil using a hot towel after our session. According to the owner, you must request for it. *wink* All in all, it was a worthwhile experience. Looking forward to my future sessions at Driftwood Spa!

The very attentive and proud owner, Rene (aka: RJ). Modesty aside, he passed the D.O.H. (Department of Health) Massage Therapy Licensure Examination last December 2 and 5, 2009. You are in goods hand at Driftwood Spa. :)


Their friendly but shy staff: First Row: PJ, Elma, Lani. Second Row: Mark, Rey


On regular days, their full body massage cost Php250.00. You may also request for home service for Php500.00. And if you're on a rush, they have a 30-minute massage for only Php100.00!

Currently, they have tons of promotional offers for the valentines season. Body Massage + Herbal heat for Php270.00 only. Body Massage + Thai Mask for Php270.only. Body scrub + Hot Oil for Php350.00 only. The list can go on and on and on... I suggest you give them a call now! They are open daily from 1pm to 11pm.

Driftwood Spa
RACL Building
Corner Rosario-Verbina Streets
Bacolod City, Philippines

Mobiles: +63-920-422-4455; +63-922-283-2251
Telephone: +63-34-4334565; +63-34-4765410

3 comments:

  1. I remember the days............. relaxing and relieved after a day in the spa! Di bla?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this spa so far....service is good...masseures are courteous and nice....and the services are good.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree the staff are so courteous and the services are excellent...i have had my massage several times...and compared to other spas in bacolod....i think this is more professional.....love it

    ReplyDelete