Custom Search

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Acrophobia

I have fear of heights.

While in New Mexico, my aunt wanted me to experience the world's longest passenger aerial tramway. So, we headed off to Sandia Peak which is adjacent to Albuquerque, New Mexico.


The aerial view of Albuquerque from the entrance of the Tramway

I think each ticket costs $17.50. Here's a tram descending the Sandia Mountains. I wasn't sure if I want to take a ride on this flimsy looking tram (I know it isn't. It's just me and my nega-mentality working). Well, to save myself from embarrassment, I obliged. My armpits were sweating and so are the soles of my feet. But I survived it! The only way to overcome your fear is to face your fear! Ha! Sorry to disappoint you but it is still my fear. LOL... Haven't overcome it yet.... it will take time!

There are a lot of recreational activity that can be done at the top. You can go biking, nature hiking or back packing. Restaurants are available but I think they open up to a certain time only.

On top of Sandia Peak. It was super cold and I did not bother to bring a jacket. Most of the time I was at the reception area looking at framed insects, etc... It was too cold to stay outside for a long period of time. Can't stand it.

Hiking Trail. If you love nature, this is perfect for you! Highly recommended. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment