Custom Search

Monday, September 21, 2009

Dinner the Parisian Way

I can't help but reminisce good times with old friends everytime I feel melancholic especially when good times happen in the most romantic place in the whole wide world - Paris!

Last March 2009 I left for Paris and stayed with one of my dear friends, Louie - The most gracious host ever. Two days after I arrived, another good friend of ours from EL-AY flew in to bond with us. Let's call him "Super Mowdil". On the first night of "Super Mowdil" in the city of Lights, Louie treated us to one fantastic Parisian Dinner at the CHEZ FRANCOISE RESTAURANT.




Chez Francoise is a french gastronomic restaurant that is located in Les Invalides close to the Eiffel Tower. Louie made reservations online. We got there five minutes early and were greeted by their Maitre D' who was so gracious to lead us to our table.

Browsing through the menu, three of us decided to order different dishes so we can try it out.

We had the following Entrees:

Oysters from Marennes Oleron


Rabbit's Meat with Espelette Pepper Jelly (this made Mowdil's tummy turn upside down.... vomit moments? hehehe)


Foie Gras, Apricot & Fig compote


For our Main Courses, we had the following:

Monseiur Castaing's Duck Confit


Whole Sole Meuniere


Fresh Catch of the Day: Mowdil's choice!


And who wants to miss dessert? Not I! I cannot really remember the names of these desserts but I assure you It's TDF (To Die For!!!):

If I'm not mistaken, I think this is Warm chocolate fudge with Fromage (cheese) ice cream


This one, I really forgot. But I can assure you it was stellar! :)


Louie had these unpasteurised farm cheeses that stink like crazy! (super pangsot galore... I swear!)


Just like in a movie, all good things must come to an end. *sob* After dinner, we strolled our way back to Louie's Apartment. I wish everyday I'd wake up in Paris. *super sob*

No comments:

Post a Comment