Custom Search

Friday, December 25, 2009

Nightmare @ 21 Bar & Restaurant!

I was invited for merienda at 21 Bar & Restaurant by my very dear friend Louie (who just flew in from Paris a week ago where he is currently based) at 3pm today. He was craving batchoy.

It was full table when I arrived! Christine G was there and so was Pinky L. And of course, the Partner of 15 years (??). We wasted no time when I arrived - we all ordered. Louie and Peter ordered batchoy while Pinky & Christine ordered bibingka. I, on the other hand, wanted a grilled vegetable sandwich (for a change...char!).

The Partner and Dear Friend Louie:



All the pretty ladies: Pinky & Christine:


STRIKE ONE: Tin was about to grab a portion of her Bibingka when she noticed that the fork was stained with oil! It wasn't clean! Too bad I forgot to take a photo of it. Sigh! She called the attention of the supervisor. And the obvious came - apologized and replaced the fork with a clean one. Fine!

Thirty minutes or so had passed and my grilled vegetable sandwich was nowhere in sight. So I thought to myself . Again, Tin called the supervisor and complained. STRIKE TWO. Then, Peter mentioned that there was human hair in his batchoy. STRIKE THREE!!!


Peter's Batchoy with human hair:


The supervisor, embarrassed of the entire situation (Oh I'm sure!) offered not to let us pay for what we've ordered and requested that i shall order anything on the menu. At first I was thinking of ordering the most expensive but then again, we had to wait for god knows how long again.... so we opted for a slice of Brazo's De Mercedes. Which turned out to be good (Louie and Peter shared the slice).

That was our experience! How about yours? How did you spend your afternoon today?

No comments:

Post a Comment